Following an incredibly positive and valuable pilot programme, Fitmums & Friends are starting more events next next month.
The programmes are:
Let’s Get Going – helping people who are struggling to be active because of the Covid pandemic through 10 weeks of easy-paced, 1- or 2-mile walks with a focus on ‘walk and talk’. Participants might have had Covid or been affected by it in other ways.
Together in Grief – helping people cope with the loss of loved ones through 10 weeks of easy-paced walks or gentle yoga sessions.
· Both programmes are designed to help participants feel the benefits of being active in a supportive group with others in a similar position.
· All sessions are suitable for all abilities.
· Both programmes are free to participants.
· Our funding requires participants to be registered with a Hull GP or have a Hull postcode.
Sessions begin w/c Monday 4 October in East and West Hull:
· Let’s Get Going walk at 6.30pm Tuesdays starting 5 October at The Club House Community Centre in Garden Village
· Let’s Get Going walk 9.30am Thursdays starting 7 October in East Park
· Together in Grief walk at 9.30am Mondays starting 4 October at Dove House Hospice
· Together in Grief walk at 6.30pm Wednesdays starting 6 October at Crafty Cat, Anlaby
· Together in Grief yoga at 11.30am Fridays starting 8 October at Dove House Hospice
More sessions are planned later this year and into next year.